There has never been a better time than right now, to nurture and love the existing relationships you already have with your clients and customers. In fact, it’s a crucial part of growing a successful business in today’s business environment. In age of The Internet, automation and innovation, caring for your customers has never been more important!
With mobile phones, laptops, Internet Marketing and other options available with a ‘click’ – an unhappy or unloved client can share their opinion with the masses through social media and the web and negatively affect your business and impact your bottom-line.
That’s why it’s more important than ever before to create an outstanding and engaging experience for your customers and encourage them to develop a deeper, more satisfying relationship with you!
‘Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.’ ~ Walt Disney
As I have been saying for the past 15+ years, Agencies must learn to treat their clients and brands with as much respect, and passion as they would treat their ‘first-date’ when going out to dinner the first time.
In fact, understanding your customers helps you to sell more. The more you know about them and their needs, the easier it is to identify opportunities to sell them new products and target them with appropriate offers.
All Agencies must create a respectful, customer-focused culture. This critical act in ‘growing’ the Agency business opportunity should not be overlooked, either by creative or other agency team members.
Many Ad Agencies are already failing when it comes to the customer experience in 2017/8. So this is your opportunity to swoop in and enchant and delight, those same customers so they’ll appoint/select you for their company.
Reasons why to fall in love with your Client/Brand:
- An existing client is initially 5-8 times more profitable than pitching and winning a new client/brand
- An engaged and happy client may never leave you
- Listen carefully to your clients and absorb exactly what they want. This goes a very long way in building trust and deepening your relationship
- Existing clients will always pay their bills, on time and without hesitation
- A ‘loving’ client will respond more readily to your requests and instructions and follow your lead
- Always summarize next steps and respond quickly. No matter how quick or trivial a client meeting seems, always recap the conversation with next steps. Always stay on the same page and align your efforts for their success
- A client that is treated with respect, admiration, attentively will rarely talk about your staff or hiccups
- Always go the ‘extra-mile’ with your clients and brands. The benefits are huge. Often I have seen: Clients remembering you came through on a tight budget/timeline OR, sometimes, it will also open up new revenue streams and new business opportunities as well
- A loyal client will often stick with you all through-out your career in advertising and marketing. Often, they will even become close or best friends too!
- A client that is appreciative of the time you give them, is faithful, loyal, thoughtful and a ‘gift’.
- Solid relationships can take time, so always remain patient and resist any indulgent schmoozing. This might have been part of business in the 1980’s BUT, in 2018 this is not needed, required or condoned. Nothing beats delivering daily, consistent great work and ideas
- I have to say, being daily ‘infatuated’ with your client and brands also ensures a valued, long-term partnership.
I have often seen that it can take years for companies to transition from a vendor consideration set to trusted partner. BUT, when you consistently over-deliver, over-perform the transition to being a trusted partner, the relationship benefits both company/brand as well as the agency
So always treat each of your existing clients and brands as your most important one. And, if you can build a great rapport with your clients, I have found when they switch careers or roles, they can often become a ‘new’ one.
Over this past decade, I have witnessed small companies (and startups) that have gone on to become the big, global companies of tomorrow, and it’s incredibly fulfilling to be a trusted partner fueling that growth.
Finally, transparency and good old-fashioned honesty are critically important in 2018 and beyond.
‘Never ever, burn bridges’ – good Agency principals understand that the best Agencies must maintain, build and expand outstanding relationships with all their clients, vendors, staff and suppliers.
Having over 25 years of global expertise and always been passionate and leading the new business efforts – I can help you optimize your new business strategy as well as help you outperform and outmaneuver any of your competitors.
I can help you to meticulously, pinpoint the most qualified and best prospects, nationally or internationally. If you want to impact the real decision-makers – I can give you a competitive edge.
So if you are an: Ad agency, design firm, PR shop, digital agency, just remember I’ve been there, done that too. So don’t hesitate contact me via email at: email@example.com or call me at: +61 411 224 961