The No. 1 thing to remember about LinkedIn is that it is not a social media site like Facebook. LinkedIn is a search engine disguised as a social media site. With Microsoft acquiring LinkedIn in June 2016 – LinkedIn has become even more efficient and effective PLUS, they still have way ‘friendlier” algorithms than Facebook and others.
Importantly, their organic reach still works and I believe that, LinkedIn is all about ‘quality’ over quantity! And, unlike Facebook or other platforms, I am still feeling that if you are looking for success, make an impact, build a brand, grow, connect and position yourself as a thought leader – this is the best place to build you reputation, brand and make an impact. If you want to jump on the ‘Northbound train’, now is the right time to jump on and take advantage of this massive opportunity!
Here are some key tips about LinkedIn and its massive search engine abilities:
- Maximize the number of your first-level LinkedIn connections. Unlike Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, BRAVE, Safari, etc. which allow you to search everything on the Internet, LinkedIn only allows you to search three levels deep from your first-level connections. This limits the number of people who can find you.
- Implement a keyword strategy. LinkedIn has over 575+ million users, with more than 260 million monthly active users. Of those LinkedIn users who are engaging with the platform monthly, 40% access it on a daily basis.
With more than 5 billion annual searches on LinkedIn, you must think about what makes YOU relevant? What is your keyword strategy to optimize your LinkedIn profile? Remember, LinkedIn is a search engine just like Google or BING. For qualified buyers to find you via search on LinkedIn, you must have your profile optimized with the right keywords specific to your industry and expertise.
I advise developing a keyword strategy, completing and optimizing your LinkedIn profile, creating a group to showcase your expertise and building your LinkedIn network to more than 500 connections of expand your reach.
- Seek out super connectors. Super connectors are people with more than 10,000+ first-level connections. Connecting with a super connector can massively accelerate the impact the number of people that can find you three levels deep. (I am a super connector with over 20,000+ plus first-level connections.)
Here are some of the key ways I have used to increase connections and build engagement:
- Link to your LinkedIn profile in your bio on your website.
- Join LinkedIn groups and communities.
- Connect to current employees, clients, friends and professional connections.
- Publish articles on LinkedIn’s Pulse Blog
- Importantly, connect with other Connectors, Influencers and Industry Leaders on LinkedIn.
- Video marketing is highly effective in boosting brand awareness, generating leads, increasing sales, and connecting with your audience. With more consumers leveraging video, it’s crucial to begin implementing a video marketing strategy to get in front of your audience.
A staggering 84% of buyers reported that they had been convinced to buy after watching a brand’s video on LinkedIn. And that same study found that 97% of businesses believe that their video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
On LinkedIn, videos can run up to 10 minutes long. I recommend from my experience that ‘best practice’ highlights that best and most effective videos range between 30 seconds and five minutes in length today.
A LinkedIn ‘native video’ is video that is uploaded directly to LinkedIn or created on the platform itself.
Unlike embedded videos, LinkedIn native video autoplays in-feed, which is more likely to grab attention. Metrics show that Facebook native videos garner 10 times more shares than linked videos, a boost that likely also holds true for LinkedIn native videos.
Video posts are 5 times more likely to get comments AND, Video post also earn three times the engagement of text-only posts!
Additionally, I have found my recent videos have allowed my friends, connections or prospects a better sense of who I am, build trust, and reinforce my brand. I strongly believe people are more likely to connect with you after seeing your videos, and you never know what business can develop from new relationships.
Finally, I can strongly recommend you use LinkedIn native video to introduce yourself and your company/brand, and talk about how you can help viewers. Create videos that answer FAQs in your industry or company, use instructional and educational and demos, or promote a book, webinar, or class. Don’t forget to include the URL and/or link.
Remember, as with any social media strategy, you want your content to be 80% helpful and 20% promotional. (Pareto’s Law)
Video can and will amplify your brand guaranteed. If you put the time and effort into producing professional video for LinkedIn, you will see positive and massive results from your efforts. YES…I can guarantee that! Finally, creating a marketing strategy without videos is like sending a paper plane into a war zone!
MORE ABOUT GEOFF DE WEAVER:
Super strategist who directs Fortune 500 clients to define their vision, create a strategy, and harness their internal innovation to grow their business or reinvent their products. My key skills are decades of data-powered tools including: CRM, Mobile, Social Media, PR and Digital.
Expert at building and transforming brands, businesses, and digital and physical customer experiences at scale. Adept at telling a cohesive and integrated global story across multiple audiences.
History of success developing and executing cross-channel global marketing campaigns to drive brand positioning, equity, and awareness while increasing engagement and sales and loyalty.
Innovative entrepreneur, author, speaker, and advertising executive with vast expertise driving business growth, reinventing brands, and implementing global marketing campaigns. Always proud and motivated to act as a trusted advisor to many CEO’s, CMO’s and iconic brands worldwide.
Connect with me here:
Amazon Authors: https://www.amazon.com/Geoff-De-Weaver/e/B007DAEKFG
#Growth #NewBusiness #AskGeoff #Winning #Success #Innovation #Marketing #Digital #DigitalTransformation #HowToWinNewBusiness #Mindset #Branding #Entrepreneurs #ContentMarketing #Advertising #USA #Creativity #DigitalMarketing #PR #DirectMarketing #Leadership #IntegratedMarketing #SocialMediaMarketing #Winning #Trends #Tips #Tactics #Data #GlobalBrandManagement #innovation #Results #Speaker #Author #SocialSelling #B2B #Pitching #MadMan #MarTech #Data #CRM #MobileMarketing