If you want to grow your business, beat up your competition, make better margins, exceed on your expectations and win more clients. I think these are some of the key skills and concepts that once you master can transform your business instantly.
I have written about Educational based marketing before BUT, in a sea of competition, nationally and internationally, you can make a massive impact to your advertising, marketing and Public Relations by building instant credibility by using and beginning real data, findings and data based on facts – to make an instant impact and build trust rapidly.
STOP SELLING. START EDUCATING:
Importantly, by consistently using Educational based marketing – people will agree to meet with you and have meetings more often because they know they will learn, become better educated and not just have the sales pitch directed at them instantly. Building trust, report, goodwill is more critical today than it has ever been in the decades before.
While I have discussing Educational based marketing, I would love to make the following points on the topic too:
- If you presentation and material has been well tailored, executed and is very informational – the salesperson or presenters credibility will be enhanced
- By the end of a meeting you will shift and build your reputation from a sales guy to an expert on the topic or industry
- If you provide invaluable insights and knowledge on a topic area – it is far easier to present to people or clients that aren’t in the ‘active’ search or ‘buying’ phase either.
- Educational based marketing rapidly builds brand and customer loyalty
- If presentation is packed with research, insights and recommendations – it is even irresistible to top management as well.
CREATE AND MAINTAIN MOMENTUM:
Everyday you are not expanding your market share and developing and driving revenue is a day someone else is taking market share and revenue away from you. An effective sales business team must focus not only on active demand, but even more so on latent demand. That’s how your business can create and maintain momentum. Always having and inbound and outbound pipelines full and worked is critical
Today’s world has evolved into one massive global market and while there are challenges to branching out, there are greater benefits. Through managed expansions or channel partner relationships, your business can find massive demand in any corner of the globe. From New York to Singapore to Paris.
Always constantly optimize, prioritizing and test new offers and services with your sales and new business team. Once you have a dependable and powerful sales team, your business will experience incredible growth.
RAISE YOUR PRICES BY 2% – 5%:
Extremely simple concept, but many business owners fail to realize that such small changes across the board have exponential impact on revenue without dramatically affecting your competitiveness in the marketplace. Besides raising your prices regularly, you must ensure your service levels and customer services levels are additionally increased accordingly too.
KNOWING THE LIFE CYCLE OF YOUR BUSINESS:
By this I mean, most companies, agencies or businesses follow a similar trajectory as they grow and die. During that journey, there are different stages that classify where in that journey your business is. E.g.
- Getting Started – this is just what the name implies, but you’re making progress. You’ve begun hiring staff and your major focus is on throughput. Unfortunately, cash flow is often a challenge here.
- Growing – your business is now operational but may still rely on you for critical decision making. While cash flow is a bit of a concern, growth is still accelerating. However, you are probably managing things reactively rather than proactively. But you’ve built a good team to manage the business and cash flow issues are subsiding. You’re confident in your potential for growth and innovation.
- Maturity – your decisions are now more proactive than reactive. You’ve become more focused and now you can spend more time developing processes and systems. You’ve established your identity (Your brand.) and begun to define what long-term success looks like. Your business is now self-sustainable, run by a management team, and is producing income and profits that are growing steadily. Your new identity is solidified – you know exactly who you are, while keeping in mind the need to keep innovating and not getting stuck in a rut.
- Decline/Obsolescence – Innovation has come to a halt. The only thing keeping the business going are the systems, policies, and processes that have been put into place. The business is breaking down, the people that helped to build and manage the company are leaving. There is no one left on the team to support the vision or mission of the company. The idea is no longer sustainable or viable and the business dies.
CREATE CONTENT PEOPLE WILL LOVE:
Always supply compelling, content packed with research, stats, quotable information and great enough to share with your friends and colleagues
MEASURE YOUR RESULTS:
In todays always on world, its vital to always track conversion rates, response levels, offers, lists and media used/selected. Tracking allows you to refine and define the best strategies and tactics to invest in
ALWAYS BE PROACTIVE NOT REACTIVE
Finally, I have found over the last 30 plus years, some of the keys to 10X your sales and results, that are guaranteed to save you immense time and money are:
- Touch it once – either do it or delegate it
- Make Lists of Key Projects, Things to Do and People to connect with daily
- Invest time every morning to sit down and allocate time to spend on each of your daily projects, things to do and people to contact. First thing every morning is optimum for me
- Plan and ‘block out’ your day.g. I will do this between 9am-9.30am, I will meet with x at 9.35am -10am etc. Do this religiously, everyday, every month and all year!
- Prioritize your Day – always ensure you complete your Top 5-6 projects every day. Always try to focus on completing as many before lunch too.
- End the day by reviewing and always evaluating your list and asking yourself – ‘can I throw this away’ because its completed
In summary, become a time management expert and machine. If you take the time and discipline daily, you will find you crushing your key projects, workloads and never missing any deadlines or forgetting any assignments. Commit to yourself you want to have unlimited power and become a better operator, be more committed and even more successful.
You can also view other articles on New Business & Growth:
WINNING NEW BUSINESS IN 2018 : HTTP://GEOFFDEWEAVER.COM/WINNING-NEW-BUSINESS-IN-2018/
HOW TO PITCH AND WIN GLOBAL CLIENTS AND BRANDS: HTTP://GEOFFDEWEAVER.COM/HOW-TO-PITCH-AND-WIN-GLOBAL-CLIENTS-AND-BRANDS/
A SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY IS GREAT FOR NEW BUSINESS FOR ADVERTISING AGENCIES: HTTP://GEOFFDEWEAVER.COM/A-SOCIAL-MEDIA-STRATEGY-IS-GREAT-FOR-NEW-BUSINESS-FOR-ADVERTISING-AGENCIES/
THE ART & SCIENCE OF PERSUASIVE NEW BUSINESS PRESENTATIONS: HTTP://GEOFFDEWEAVER.COM/THE-ART-SCIENCE-OF-PERSUASIVE-NEW-BUSINESS-PRESENTATIONS/
NEW BUSINESS PITCHES – NO PLACE FOR BEGINNERS: HTTP://GEOFFDEWEAVER.COM/NEW-BUSINESS-PITCHES-NO-PLACE-FOR-BEGINNERS/
Don’t make the same mistakes over and over, give me a call and let us show you a better way, +61 411 224 961 or send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://geoffdeweaver.com/ or connect with me on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/geoffdeweaver
About Geoff De Weaver:
Super Strategist for the Fortune 500 – Expert at developing a strategy and creating a vision.
Geoff is a leading international expert on new business development, brand marketing, innovation, 1:1 and growth. He has also directly assisted hundreds of Fortune 500 brands and clients generate billions in new business revenue from North America to Asia to Europe.
Geoff has successfully built businesses, agencies, opened offices worldwide, saved companies and helped clients generate billions of dollars of revenue and growth with their brands. Soliciting advice and guidance, when appropriate, from a Board of Directors.
I help Fortune 500 clients define their strategy, harness their internal innovation, grow their business and drive revenues. I get results! Visit me at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/geoffdeweaver/