With Christmas 2018 almost upon us, you can be celebrating the fact that you’ve achieved your biggest goals of the year…
So… if you don’t plan right for 2019, you can be vowing that you will not do the same thing and that next year will be different.
DON’T LIMIT YOUR CHALLENGES FOR 2019 – CHALLENGE YOUR LIMITS
To avoid spending next New Year’s Eve wishing you’d achieved more, here are seven things you can do to get ready for 2019.
In 2019 you can either ‘climb the ladder of success’ or ‘slide down it.’
Technology, global markets, the stock exchange, American Politics and business globally will only continue to accelerate faster – if you don’t grow and improve, you will slide or go backwards.
So, commit to every day in 2019, add value and set daily goals for improvement in all you do. Yes, that means your family, friends, marriage, work, church/religion, hobbies, mindset, finances, spirit and more.
BUT, before I list my TOP Seven for 2019, I would like to reiterate from a past blog post, learning from your past mistakes this year only makes you better, smarter and achieve more in 2019.
HERE ARE SOME KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER BEFORE I OUTLINE MY THOUGHTS ON 2019:
- NEVER RETURN TO WHAT HASN’T WORKED.
Whether it’s a job, or a broken relationship that was ended for a good reason, we should never go back to the same thing, expecting different results. Remember, if nothing changes, NOTHING CHANGES!
- NEVER CHOOSE SHORT-TERM COMFORT OVER LONG-TERM BENEFIT.
When successful people know they want something that requires a painful, time-limited step, they do not mind the painful step because it lets them achieve a long-term benefit. Living this principle is perhaps the most fundamental differences between successful and unsuccessful people, both personally and professionally.
- NEVER TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE BIG PICTURE.
We function better emotionally and perform better in our lives when we can see the big picture. For successful people, no one event is ever the whole story. Winners remember that—each and every day.
Remember in 2019 you can either climb the ladder of success or slide down it. Because technology, global markets, the stock exchange and business globally will only be accelerating faster – if you don’t grow and improve, you will slide or go backwards. So, commit to every day in 2019, add value and set daily never ending improvement in all you do. Yes, that means your family, friends, marriage, work, church/religion, hobbies and more.
Remember, passion and intensity comes from waking up daily and wanting to LIVE and improve daily. There are no ‘in-betweens’ so set your standards high, have constant daily improvements, to achieve satisfaction this year. You can win the day and live with passion just by following these seven tips:
- SEEK CLARITY – One of the key high performance and peak performance habits you must kickoff 2019 with is the deepest understanding of what you want, how you want to interact with others and what will make the biggest impact and meaning for you in 2019.
I have found over the years, to be highly productive, successful and come out of the gate with passion, energy, influence and productivity – you MUST get clarity BEFORE you kickoff 2019.
Always strive for consistency daily and routinely self-monitor your routines, evaluate and refine.
Visualize your strengths, goals, plans. Make sure you give yourself the future and always ensure what’s meaningful. Set deadlines for your goals, stay motivated and have unstoppable willpower.
Remember, know what you want and have a plan to achieve your dreams and goals.
- DEFINE YOUR ‘WHY’ – By this I mean, you have to find your real purpose for doing what you do. This is the big emotional reason that you continue to persevere. Your sense of purpose.
The “why” behind what you do should go beyond money. For example, a business owner or Ad Agency leader might want to automate his business to save time and make more money, but his emotional “why” may be that his parents are getting older and he wants to make sure he has the time and availability to care for them should they need his help. Or, his kids are at college and he needs to help them proceed into a career.
- REVIEW YOUR MARKETING SUCCESSES AND FAILURES FROM 2018. It’s easier to develop a better, more successful marketing or business plan when you can build on your successes and learn from your failures.
- ALWAYS, BLOCK OFF / MARK TIME IN YOUR CALENDAR TO WORK ON YOUR BUSINESS. It’s easy to get so caught up in our day-to-day responsibilities of running our business, that our marketing and relationships suffers.
Block out time on your calendar now for the entire year that will allow time for working on your business, success, relationships, health and wellness.
Importantly, I recommend doing this daily, weekly, having monthly reviews and keeping a scorecard on your progress weekly too. Always be prepared to deliver with excellence, clarity, energy and courage.
- ENLIST THE HELP OR COUNSEL OF AN EXPERIENCED BUSINESS COACH OR MENTOR. I personally, believe you can save years of time, stop mistakes and become far more profitable and successful even faster if you do this.
Remember, an experienced coach or mentor can help you identify where you can improve, refine your process and help you focus on correctly doing what you need to do to succeed. Plus they will help keep you accountable by keeping you on track and moving forward.
- SELL TRANSFORMATION – I believe there are way too many Ad Agencies, PR Companies, Digital Agencies and Consulting Groups that just push their ‘good’ products and ‘services’ BUT, very few that sell transformation! By this I mean, you come out of that experience with a whole new outlook on sales, marketing, digital and results can be.
Think about it this way, no one joins a gym because they have too much time and really want to spend it at a place with hundreds of other sweaty, smelly people, straining their body and pushing themselves to their physical and mental limits. They simply want to look good by losing weight and gaining muscle and if they could do that by pushing a button or taking a pill, they’d do that instead.
You NEED to sell the transformation, not the product, or service and you’ll see your dollars per person, per brand, per client per month soar!
- FOCUS ON HUMILITY, AUTHENTICITY, JOY AND FAITH
An important resolution for me is to get back to my roots.
Remember, passion and intensity comes from waking up daily and wanting to LIVE and improve daily. There are no ‘in-betweens’ so set your standards high, have constant daily improvements, and achieve satisfaction this year.
Win the day and live with passion.
#Marketing #Advertising #DigitalMarketing #IntegratedMarketing #DirectMarketing #PR #Data #Results #Creative #Branding #Innovation #Leadership #GlobalMarketing #BrandDevelopment #BrandArchitecture #Success #ProductLaunches #Startups #VC #Technology #Results #Growth #NewBusiness #Winning #Influence #InfluencerMarketing #CRM #Data #InfluencerMarketing #Author #Speaker
MORE ABOUT GEOFF DE WEAVER:
Feel free to get in touch with Geoff for further information:
CEO, Speaker & Author, ‘How To Win New Business – Proven Trends, Tips & Tactics’
Super strategist who directs Fortune 500 clients to define their vision, create a strategy, and harness their internal innovation to grow their business or reinvent their products. Expert at building and transforming brands, businesses, and digital and physical customer experiences at scale.
Amazon Authors: https://www.amazon.com/Geoff-De-Weaver/e/B007DAEKFG
Latest Book: “How To Win New Business: Proven Trends, Tips & Tactics”: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1718669046