For the past 30 years, I have always strived to deliver and create innovative, memorable and result-oriented advertising for my clients. Importantly, more than any point in recent history, I believe customers are the new ‘market-makers’, reshaping industries and changing how businesses compete and win. Success today depends on how well and how fast you respond!
My Top Secret to My Clients – Your core values need to put a huge emphasis on your customer or client.
My near obsession with data and analytics has been driven by a desire to make the best possible use of my clients’ financial and human resources. Thus, all of the Marketing, Creative, Interactive/Digital, Media and Brand Development efforts are strictly tied to measurable ROI metrics, which are reported in real-time.
Additionally, I strongly believed that achieving customer loyalty comes from developing a customer-driven culture. This ranges from establishing customer trust to incorporating loyalty initiatives and responding to customer complaints. This is exactly why the top 20% of a companies customers account for 80% of their sales and revenues too. AND, top customers and clients can spend up to 50% more than casual customers or clients too!
“Do What You Do So Well That People Can’t Help Telling Other’s About You!” ~ Walt Disney
Importantly, in 2019 and beyond, customer journeys and customer experiences (online and offline) are increasingly complex as consumers interact with brands at all stages of their life cycle across an ever-expanding array of devices, touchpoints, and channels. Therefore – thought leadership coupled with awesome ‘loyalty service’ is a must for every successful client or brand today.
Additionally, having grown up in Westport, Connecticut as a teenager and throughout my University days, my favorite store was a Connecticut landmark named after its founder, Stew Leonard. Stew Leonard’s, or as the locals call it Stew’s, is/was the world’s largest dairy store and very close to my old home. The store would become my constant source of inspiration for both customer experience and employee engagement – especially studying marketing at Miami University (Oxford, OH). It has been dubbed by the New York Times as the Disneyland of grocery stores. BUT, this 6,000 pound piece of granite pictured below, which sits at the entrance of his store FOREVER made and impact on me. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! (that has been etched in my brain as long as I can remember!)
NOTE: Stew Leonard’s, “Customer is Always Right” (Norwalk, CT)
‘STRIVE TO ANTICIPATE AND EXCEED CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS.’
I have always highlighted the critical importance of Strategic Planning, Creative, Database strategic planning and development, evaluation and measurement of campaigns/programs, inbound/outbound telemarketing, market research, customer loyalty programs, lists/evaluation/selection and even sourcing of premium merchandise too! It is this type of strategic planning which will help you exceed customer expectations.
HOW I PLAN MY INTEGRATED MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
- DEVELOP AN OVERALL STRATEGY & PLAN
- A clear identification of the target market (derived from market research)
- An analysis and deep understanding of customers and potential customers
- The right choice and combination of communication media
- THE OFFER
- Over the last three decades I have consistently watched whether in advertising, digital marketing, direct marketing or branding – 30% of success relates to an offer. Therefore, it must be: Relevant, Personalized, Appealing and Creative. An offer can relate to time, i.e. only available at this price for the next 10 days, price, discount, etc. A good offer delivers the ‘right product’ at the ‘right price’ to the ‘right market’.
- MEDIA & LIST
- 50% of your success will be related to using and selecting the most accurate lists/databases and media. This strategy has allowed me to excel in both the direct marketing and digital worlds. Importantly, it has always been about using and finding the right names/people, addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and highly targeted.
- THE CREATIVE
- Although, most advertising agencies will ignore this, the fact remains, just 10% of the success of any campaign can be attributed to the success of a single-minded, well-executed and big idea.
Additionally, I have consistently pushed for a strong visual presentation, accurate information, response-driven and involve participation.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT & RESPONSE HANDLING
I have always believed the difference between a sale made or sale lost requires:
- Good planning and scheduling
- An effective follow-up
- On-time and budget delivery of goods/services
Is everything! And, it contributes up to the final 10% of your success. Good timing is integral to your offer as well as your success. e.g. the right product to the right prospect at the right time!
- IMPLEMENTATION /EXECUTION / EVALUATION & METRICS
- Keep track of responses of all campaigns and ads
Over the last thirty years, whether I was in New York City, San Francisco, Taipei, Singapore, London, New Zealand or even Sydney, Australia some of the most consistent and common questions I have been asked by clients and brands are:
- Can you help me build customer relationships?
- How can we have more vision and execute better on a roadmap?
- Will you assist me build brand loyalty?
- How can I involve participants?
- Identify new customers?
- Predict Life Time Value (LTV) per customer?
- Improve customer service?
- Cross-sell other products and services?
- Upgrade products and services?
- How do we maintain an innovation culture?
- Get more measurable results?
- Can you help me 10X my business?
- Build programs that generate equitable value beyond response rates?
If you are serious about earning and maintaining customer loyalty, you can’t treat it as a tactic or a discrete program anymore. Customer loyalty requires strategic alignment, deliberate planning, and financial and cultural commitment. AND, remember, the goal for any and every successful agency or consultant is to develop and create sustainable marketing solutions for your clients. Always start by allowing continuous improvements and incremental results to identify the key triggers that customers respond to as we take them through the cycle illustrated from acquisition to brand loyalty to retention to evangelism.
Finally, establishing specific goals to which every marketing dollar will be held accountable is a common thread with my best clients as it delivers the best ongoing results!
MORE ABOUT GEOFF DE WEAVER:
Super strategist who directs Fortune 500 clients to define their vision, create a strategy, and harness their internal innovation to grow their business or reinvent their products. My key skills are decades of data-powered tools including: CRM, Mobile, Social Media, PR and Digital.
Expert at building and transforming brands, businesses, and digital and physical customer experiences at scale. Adept at telling a cohesive and integrated global story across multiple audiences.
History of success developing and executing cross-channel global marketing campaigns to drive brand positioning, equity, and awareness while increasing engagement and sales and loyalty.
Innovative entrepreneur, author, speaker, and advertising executive with vast expertise driving business growth, reinventing brands, and implementing global marketing campaigns.
Feel free to connect with Geoff today!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Website: https://geoffdeweaver.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/geoffdeweaver
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/geoff_deweaver
- Amazon Authors: https://www.amazon.com/Geoff-De-Weaver/e/B007DAEKFG
PS. Now, go break a leg! If you apply these principles I am sure your next talk or presentation will be a huge success!
#Growth #NewBusiness #AskGeoff #Winning #Success #Innovation #Marketing #Digital #DigitalTransformation #HowToWinNewBusiness #Mindset #Branding #Entrepreneurs #ContentMarketing #Advertising #USA #Creativity #DigitalMarketing #PR #DirectMarketing #Leadership #IntegratedMarketing #SocialMediaMarketing #Winning #Trends #Tips #Tactics #Data #GlobalBrandManagement #innovation #Results #Speaker #Author #SocialSelling #B2B #Pitching #MadMan