If you are looking for a smarter, better and more effective way or method to picture your products, campaigns or services in 2019 – this article outlines the best ‘Educational Marketing’ approach to maximize your success and sales today. Having been practicing, refining and using this approach for the last 30+ years – this technique has helped me provide an unfair advantage and clearly can differentiate you from your competitors too. (Especially in these ‘always on’ digital /mobile days, digital disruption, financial pressures, shortening consumer attention spans and global competition.)
After years of refining in global markets including: San Francisco, New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney Wellington New Zealand, Taipei and other major worldwide cities. And, testing this across segments like: automotive, airlines, hotels, hardware companies, software, telecommunication companies, Pharma, Internet, Financial Services/Banking, FMCG’s and retailers – the results speak for themselves.
Importantly, as I have stated often – with Internet Marketing ‘magnifying the noise’ – if you want to be successful today – YOU MUST BREAK OUT.
This article highlights what I view as the optimal marketing approach. (YES, even surpassing Influencer Marketing, organic search, paid search, email marketing and other forms of traditional digital marketing)
As, I originally come from a Direct Marketing background, where I learned from day one, to always ask for the order or sale and provide a compelling offer to your target to make them act immediately – this is best practice.
That’s why, even today, DRTV, direct mail and database marketing, telemarketing, mobile and CRM are still so highly effective and cost-efficient. And, always creating value, attracting and nurturing relationships with prospects and clients.
WHAT IS EDUCATIONAL MARKETING?
The definition I use is: ‘Educational Marketing is the sharing of knowledge with the purpose of building trust. It is a strategy that establishes credibility and trust with your customers by using educational messages. Today’s consumer lives in a highly digital and immediately gratifying consumer environment.’
EDUCATIONAL MARKETING primarily understands why ‘content marketing’ is critical to your Ad AGENCY and business in 2019 and beyond. (In fact, it has always been great at building rapport and trust)
NEED A SMARTER WAY TO SELL?
Have you ever asked yourself or your agency team any of these questions this past year:
- How can we distinguish ourselves from our competition?
- Are our prospects telling us we are too expensive?
- Are we getting enough daily and weekly leads from our marketing and advertising?
- How can we improve our ‘batting-average’ and close more deals from our leads?
- How can we open up our buying pyramid, making it more appealing to our entire target market by using market data, rather than just product data?
- How can we transition from a purely selfish sales “pitch” to a highly effective educational presentation that turns MORE PROSPECTS into BUYERS?
- How can we get 10 X our leads to our website or blog?
- How do I/we Create Customer Advocacy Programs That Boost our Brand’s Influence And Success?
- Does this build Trust and Transparency with our clients?
- How can we consistently accelerate our growth, revenue and EBITDA?
92% of people trust recommendations from individuals—even if they don’t know them—over brands ~ via Nielsen
In 2019, marketers today realize its all about TRUST.
In fact, according to BrightLocal, 92% of consumers now read online reviews, up from 88% in 2014, and nearly 90% of customers trust online reviews by strangers as much as they would recommendations from friends. So, when you couple this with real data and research – educational marketing is the best form to create massive success and TRUST instantly today.
Additionally, online trust is translating to dollars in 2019 too. Twitter reports nearly 40% of Twitter users say they’ve made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer.
WHY EDUCATIONAL MARKETING WORKS FOR AD AGENCIES AND ALL ENTREPRENEURS
Let’s look at some of the strategic objectives accomplished by education-based marketing and why it’s become such a critical tool for today’s Ad Agency, PR Companies, Direct Marketing Groups and Marketing Firms in 2019.
- Establishes the Ad Agency, New Business, Growth or salesperson as an expert rather than merely another ‘typical’ salesperson.
- Makes it significantly faster and easier to set up and arrange meetings and appointments.
- Establishes a level of trust and respect.
- Consolidates and enhances Brand Loyalty by enabling you to get in to see just about anyone, including the 90 percent who were not buying now, not just the 3% that are in the market to buy now.
- Enables you to begin any meeting with real data and hard facts, the sales material at the end of the meeting has a lot more credibility.
- Allows your ‘Presentation’ to cover everything the top and executive management want every prospect or potential new client to hear and know.
- Importantly, the data, insights and research used helps make educated decisions, as you build TRUST.
If your Educational Marketing Plan is developed strategically and professionally, it will provide your team with data and insights that will make them look smarter, more professional and impressive. This automatically makes them more consultative in their selling too!
Educational Marketing is the act of creating marketing materials and executing on strategies that distinguish your company as a knowledgeable authority and resource in your area of expertise. And, if you are an Ad Agency, Digital or Direct Marketing company and not using this approach in 2019 – it like starting a football game on your goal-line. Importantly, this marketing and sales approach ensure your pitch is appealing, attractive and influencing the entire Pyramid of your target market – not just the Top 3% of Buying today!
I know that if you will attract way more clients and customers (and way more buyers!) if you can offer to teach them something of value to them than you will ever attract by simply try to sell them your product or service. Offering an education will always help the buyer to educate them and even get them more interested in working and learning more from you too!
Bottom-line: ALWAYS THINK & PLAN STRATEGICALLY, BUILD TRUST and you will ultimately sell more products and services. Importantly, find and keep the right clients too!
To your continued success in 2019 and beyond.
#Marketing #Advertising #DigitalMarketing #IntegratedMarketing #DirectMarketing #PR #Data #Results #Creative #Branding #Innovation #Leadership #GlobalMarketing #BrandDevelopment #BrandArchitecture #Success #ProductLaunches #Startups #VC #Technology #Results #Growth #NewBusiness #Winning #Data #Influence #InfluencerMarketing #CRM #Data #InfluencerMarketing #Author #Speaker #DirectMarketing #Loyalty #CustomerExperience #EducationalMarketing #HowToWinNewBusiness #AskGeoff #Trust
MORE ABOUT GEOFF DE WEAVER:
Feel free to get in touch with Geoff for further information:
CEO, Speaker & Author, ‘How To Win New Business – Proven Trends, Tips & Tactics’
Super strategist who directs Fortune 500 clients to define their vision, create a strategy, and harness their internal innovation to grow their business or reinvent their products. Expert at building and transforming brands, businesses, and digital and physical customer experiences at scale.
Amazon Authors: https://www.amazon.com/Geoff-De-Weaver/e/B007DAEKFG
Latest Book: “How To Win New Business: Proven Trends, Tips & Tactics”: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1718669046