If you want to grow your business, beat up your competition, make better margins, build loyalty and trust with your prospects and win more clients – I know these are some of the key skills and concepts that once you master will transform your business instantly.
With both Social Selling and Educational Marketing, I believe – a great ‘conversationalist’ will always encourage others to talk about themselves/their business, neglecting their own need to share their great stories.
In our louder and louder world. I firmly believe, to be success today is ‘building quick rapport’ with any client or person, is critical and necessary for loyalty and success. I also recommend, a RASA approach e.g.
‘RASA’ — receive, appreciate, summarize and ask.
Having worked within many Brand Advertising Agencies over the decades, I believe the art of conversation is being replaced — dangerously — by personal broadcasting (shouting).
And, to build TRUST today and be more successful, the best marketers I know – just listen first and encourage their clients to keep telling their stories and plans first. Make them feel important. For most of us, our natural reaction is to interrupt, but it also means that we are never fully present when someone is talking. BE PATIENT!
I believe in 2019 and beyond, in todays digital-first environment the salesperson is no longer the sole purveyor of information, B2B buyers have more choices around how, when, and where they engage with vendors. So, its critical today to always build trust, loyalty, educate and engage more authentically with buyers on their terms.
Always remember, you’ll never get a second chance to make a great first impression with people you meet. So with the few minutes to spare to get someone on your side, make the most it. And always remember, the right attitude is everything. Make sure the other person walks away better for having met you!
I have written about Educational Based Marketing and Social Selling often before BUT, in a sea of competition, nationally and internationally, you can make a massive impact to your advertising, marketing and Public Relations by building instant credibility by using and integrating real data, findings and data based on facts – to make an instant impact and build trust rapidly. Trust builds loyalty and consistency too!
‘Failing to plan is planning to fail.’ – Winston Churchill
STOP SELLING. START EDUCATING:
By consistently using Educational based marketing and Social Selling – people will agree to meet with you and have meetings more often because they know they will learn, become better educated and not just have the sales pitch directed at them instantly. Building trust, report, goodwill is more critical today than it has ever been in the decades before. The days of ‘yelling’ at clients on deals and prices are long gone.
Why Educational Marketing and Social Selling will turbocharge your business:
- Always start with a great strategy. You need to create a strategy that includes content that excites and educates the reader enough to make them click-through to read more on your webpage. Great content is a game-changer.
- If you presentation and material has been well tailored, executed and is very informational – the salesperson or presenters credibility will be enhanced. By the end of a meeting you will shift and build your reputation from a sales guy to an expert on the topic or industry
- If you provide invaluable insights and knowledge on a topic area – it is far easier to present to people or clients that aren’t in the ‘active’ search or ‘buying’ phase either.
- People do business with people they know, like, and TRUST. Building relationships around trust is always the first step.
- Educational based marketing rapidly builds brand and customer loyalty. If your presentation is packed with research, insights and recommendations – it is even irresistible to top management as well.
- As LinkedIn and other social networks allow you to tag prospects or clients – always create content that is valuable to a prospect and tag them. Importantly, This technique is highly effective if you can show off your company’s skills and what you can do for your prospect with the content you share.
- Always highlight your expertise – I have found that highly consistent content with relevant information is an exceptional way to illustrate your expertise, approach, culture and core values will help keep you ‘top of mind’ whenever potential customers are ready to make a decision.
Importantly, we all know only about 3% of your target is currently looking to BUY NOW, so educating will make you memorable when they are ready to move! And, only 6-7% will open to it.
- Using infographics/charts/graphs and video’s all work great on LinkedIn. Especially because visuals draws users in and lends credibility to the associated well written content.
- Monitor relevant conversations to find prospects – I have found after 30 years, the most effective tactic is to understand what your prospects want and need is to listen to them with social media monitoring and listening tools! Only then, can you customize your messaging and/or offering based on this knowledge and insight.
- Always build a perception of Authority. I recommend always keeping your social profiles current, sharp, slick and updated with the most compelling social proof of your control, power, grip AND, your buyers will be attracted to your product or services.
EVEN MORE THINGS YOU MUST DO TO ENSURE SUCCESS:
1. CREATE AND MAINTAIN MOMENTUM:
Everyday you are not expanding your market share and developing and driving revenue is a day someone else is taking market share and revenue away from you. An effective sales business team must focus not only on active demand, but even more so on latent demand. That’s how your business can create and maintain momentum. Always having and inbound and outbound pipelines full and worked is critical
2. GO GLOBAL:
Today’s world has evolved into one massive global market and while there are challenges to branching out, there are greater benefits. Through managed expansions or channel partner relationships, your business can find massive demand in any corner of the globe. From New York to Singapore to London.
Always constantly optimize, prioritizing and test new offers and services with your sales and new business team. Once you have a dependable and powerful sales team, your business will experience incredible growth.
3. RAISE YOUR PRICES BY 2% – 5% (maybe even higher!):
Extremely simple concept, but many business owners fail to realize that such small changes across the board have exponential impact on revenue without dramatically affecting your competitiveness in the marketplace. Besides raising your prices regularly, you must ensure your service levels and customer services levels are additionally increased accordingly too.
4. KNOW THE LIFE CYCLE OF YOUR BUSINESS:
By this I mean, most companies, agencies or businesses follow a similar trajectory as they grow and die. During that journey, there are different stages that classify where in that journey your business is.
- GETTING STARTED – this is just what the name implies, but you’re making progress. You’ve begun hiring staff and your major focus is on throughput. Unfortunately, cash flow is often a challenge here.
- GROWING – your business is now operational but may still rely on you for critical decision making. While cash flow is a bit of a concern, growth is still accelerating. However, you are probably managing things reactively rather than proactively. But you’ve built a good team to manage the business and cash flow issues are subsiding. You’re confident in your potential for growth and innovation.
- MATURITY– your decisions are now more proactive than reactive. You’ve become more focused and now you can spend more time developing processes and systems. You’ve established your identity (Your brand.) and begun to define what long-term success looks like. Your business is now self-sustainable, run by a management team, and is producing income and profits that are growing steadily. Your new identity is solidified – you know exactly who you are, while keeping in mind the need to keep innovating and not getting stuck in a rut.
- DECLINE/OBSOLESCENCE– Innovation has come to a halt. The only thing keeping the business going are the systems, policies, and processes that have been put into place. The business is breaking down, the people that helped to build and manage the company are leaving. There is no one left on the team to support the vision or mission of the company. The idea is no longer sustainable or viable and the business dies.
5. CREATE CONTENT PEOPLE WILL LOVE:
Always supply compelling, content packed with research, stats, quotable information and great enough to share with your friends and colleagues.
6. MEASURE YOUR RESULTS:
In todays always on world, its vital to always track conversion rates, response levels, offers, lists and media used/selected. Tracking allows you to refine and define the best strategies and tactics to invest in.
7. ALWAYS BE PROACTIVE NOT REACTIVE
8. TOUCH IT ONCE – either do it or delegate it.
9. INVEST TIME EVERY MORNING TO SIT DOWN AND ALLOCATE TIME TO SPEND ON EACH OF YOUR DAILY PROJECTS – things to do and people to contact. First thing every morning is optimum for me.
10. PLAN AND ‘BLOCK OUT’ YOUR DAY – I will do this between 9am-9.30am, I will meet with x at 9.35am -10 am etc. Do this religiously, everyday, every month and all year!
11. PRIORITIZE YOUR DAY – always ensure you complete your Top 5-6 projects every day. Always try to focus on completing as many before lunch too.
In summary, become a time management expert and machine.
If you take the time and discipline daily, you will find you crushing your key projects, workloads and never missing any deadlines or forgetting any assignments. Commit to yourself you want to have unlimited power and become a better operator, be more committed and even more successful. Finally, always strive to be the “breath of fresh air” your prospects are waiting for and listen to them closely!
MORE ABOUT GEOFF DE WEAVER:
Super strategist who directs Fortune 500 clients to define their vision, create a strategy, and harness their internal innovation to grow their business or reinvent their products. My key skills are decades of data-powered tools including: CRM, Mobile, Social Media, PR and Digital.
Expert at building and transforming brands, businesses, and digital and physical customer experiences at scale. Adept at telling a cohesive and integrated global story across multiple audiences.
Geoff is currently ranked the Top 1% in the Advertising & Marketing Industries with his network on Linkedin and Social Selling Index worldwide. He has a remarkable reach of over 625,834,308 1st, 2nd and 3rd level connections alone on LinkedIn globally.
History of success developing and executing cross-channel global marketing campaigns to drive brand positioning, equity, and awareness while increasing engagement and sales and loyalty.
Innovative entrepreneur, author, speaker, and advertising executive with vast expertise driving business growth, reinventing brands, and implementing global marketing campaigns. Always proud and motivated to act as a trusted advisor to many CEO’s, CMO’s and iconic brands worldwide.
Connect with me here:
Amazon Authors: https://www.amazon.com/Geoff-De-Weaver/e/B007DAEKFG
#Growth #NewBusiness #AskGeoff #Winning #Success #Innovation #Marketing #Digital #DigitalTransformation #HowToWinNewBusiness #Mindset #Branding #Entrepreneurs #ContentMarketing #Advertising #USA #Creativity #DigitalMarketing #PR #DirectMarketing #Leadership #IntegratedMarketing #SocialMediaMarketing #Winning #Trends #Tips #Tactics #Data #GlobalBrandManagement #innovation #Results #Speaker #Author #SocialSelling #B2B #Pitching #MadMan #MarTech #Data #CRM #MobileMarketing