Yes, I usually write about: Leadership, Purpose, Success, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb Inc., Internet Marketing, Analytics, Global Marketing, Digital Marketing BUT, following the results of yesterday’s major US Election results – I thought it might be more appropriate to address how Washington and US Politics have been totally DISRUPTED in 2016.
Donald Trump comfortably turned America ‘RED’ (Republican) yesterday because he actually listened to the disenfranchised because of these key reasons:
- He had ‘momentum’ and galvanized and inspired all the Americans who thought none of the traditional politicians were listening to them. And, nationally he turned the US ‘RED’ in every bell-weather state. Trump powered a ‘movement’; NOT just the largest ‘BLUE’ / Urban Areas in the US like the Democrats, e.g. New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. He inspired all the forgotten Americans who live in small communities in what is usually referred to as the ‘fly over’ states. He didn’t just focus on the urban areas and big cities. (like the Democrats continue to do)
- Trump was the driving force simply because Hillary called true American Patriots ‘Basket of Deplorables’ – this expression of Americans was instantly a unifying call to every Patriot in the US!
- Trump also capitalized on talking to all people by reaching more Americans through Events, Grassroots marketing and using social media marketing. He didn’t just spend tens of millions on Mass Media e.g. CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CBS, His campaign was brilliant, and I believe it was the game-changer. As Hillary and her team knew Americans traditionally spend approximately 155+ hours a month using TV – she focused heavily on investing hundreds of millions on TV. TV has traditionally been the largest single investment for Politicians for since the 1950s!
- Trump realized the trust and confidence level in mainstream TV, Print and Press was at an all time low – therefore, he watched Democrats spend/waste billions of investment dollars in low trust channels, publications and broadcasts. In fact, former President George W. Bush’s re-election season, the level of trust fell significantly, from 54% in 2003 to 44% in 2004. It was even lower levels in 2016.
- Trump quickly learned, even smart and educated voters were being mislead by biased media that Hillary’s team had coordinated including favors/benefits, etc. for e.g. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, Washington Post, New York Times, Twitter, Facebook, Google, NBC News/Survey Monkey Polls, Reuters/Ipsos Polls, CBS News Battleground Tracker Survey, Time Warner, Walt Disney, Viacom, News Corporation, Comcast, CBS Corporation, and 99% of all other major national polls. (Rigged and so Un-American)
- Trump immediately recognized the 25 to 1 skew against him immediately – from the major corporate news outlets AND, quickly shifted to a massive national Grassroots Marketing and Live appearance campaign.
He advanced his Social Media & Grass roots presence even more AND, shared his values and vision with all Americans and did NOT push his ‘policies’ (like the Democrats) with stars like: Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Madonna, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and other Hollywood types, ( like Hillary and the desperate Democrats).
He certainly would have never even considered spending over $60+ Million to pay for Jay-Z and Beyonce to perform for only 10,000 fans like Hillary did. (I suppose she couldn’t contend with his constantly huge crowds filling events nationally. Hillary was lucky to have 300 people attend her sparsely held public events.
Trumps focus was his ‘values’ and encompassed ALL Americans. E.g. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, poor, middle class, educated/uneducated, veterans, etc – inclusive of EVERY AMERICAN.
Watch this vulgar Hillary Rally Event staring Jay-Z, Beyonce and other degenerate rappers. Video:
Importantly, Donald quickly learned that the major TV networks were also ‘rigged’ and controlled by Hillary, Podesta and Obama (with their ‘propaganda’ media networks) and they had teamed up to ensure further domination and were playing the long establish Washington game plan by spending and controlling propaganda via TV.
Hillary/Podesta and crew blamed a “whitelash” for Donald Trump’s victory, ignoring the positive reaction to Trump’s campaign against the globalism-induced devastation, securing borders, putting America first, especially in the Mid West and Rust Belt.
- Hillary wrongly assumed that if she could ‘lock up’ the Top 6 media corporations that have controlled 90%+ of US media consumed today – she would be a certain victor. I think the FACT that Trump flew relentlessly all over the USA and set up dozens of live Rally’s was part of his dominance. He was able to demonstrate his passion by listening, to the concerns of the American Heartland!
- Rasmussen Reports surveys found that only 5-6% of all Americans consider the news media to be “very trustworthy” -which Trump and all observant researchers have been reading for years.
- Trump, has never been a Washington insider and knew his campaign and style would have impact that could dramatically impact the GOP. It was his personal ability to earn free media, by arguing his message and gaining ‘free’ press coverage that helped counterbalance any edge Clinton’s team was able to secure more air time than paid media.
Donald Trump is a globally ranked Social Influencer on Twitter long before entering politics. And by many measures, Trump garnered an immense sum of earned media: $2 billion during the GOP primary campaign, according to the New York Times (an amount that dwarfed anything spent by his rivals on paid media).
- Additionally, over the course of the 2016 campaign, he earned close to $2 billion worth of ‘free’ media attention, about twice the all-in price of the most expensive presidential campaigns in history. It is also twice the estimated $746 million that Hillary Clinton, the next best at earning media, took in. Senator Bernie Sanders earned more media than any of the Republicans except Mr. Trump.
10.Impressively, despite skimping on ground organization and field offices, his charisma, passion inspired all Patriots and made his presence felt on the ground across the USA. Additionally, Trump new that younger Americans were spending approximately 480 hours a week awake BUT, were online and connected to media a whopping 200+ hours a week too. This was a key fact too, ‘white anting’ Hillary and the Democrats.
Also, the divine ‘providence’ and protective care of God and spiritual power also appeared late in the campaign via Wikileaks ‘dripping’ October and November – ‘surprises’ started landing daily. Huma Abidin’s shared computer was recovered from Anthony Weiner computer with over 650,000 Emails between Hillary Clinton and Huma (her PA). This is now under care of the FBI.
11.Trump was much more cost-effective, cost-efficient than any old school Washington Politician. Even in this year’s Republican and Democratic race, he was heavily outspent by: Jeb Bush $82 million, Rubio $55 million, Sanders $28 million, Clinton $27.9 million, Cruz $22 million, Christie $16.5 million and Kasich with $14 million. TRUMP only spent $10 million to beat a massive crowded Republican race and then ultimately beat Hillary Clinton. I believe, it’s his cost effective, cost efficient background from his in-depth business experience of over 50 years shining through!
Finally, I think the USA went RED in Election 2016 because Donald Trump actually went out to all of America (not just Investment Banks or to the Corporate elite. He visited: Detroit, Ohio, Midwest, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and met directly with workers, the poor, the weak, the victimized, the police, the Military, native Americans, black and Hispanic communities nationally. In fact, I think Donald clearly demonstrated that Hillary would only make the economy even weaker, reliant and less compassionate.
Donald is going to excel over the next term or two if he wants to simply because he is the first POTUS to realize that most Americans now believe Washington D.C and the ‘current crop’ of long term, established politicians are not doing enough to listening and help Americans make better solutions for Americans (small and large) Many Americans joined the Trump movement because they felt Washington was the problem and wasn’t providing the best solutions for the country.
In fact, in a recent Allstate/Atlantic Media Heartland Monitor poll, Americans think the most serious issue facing the country is that “the political system in Washington is not working well enough to produce solutions to the nation’s problems.”
Finally, the unexpected rise of Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, self-styled outsiders with promises to bring bold change to Washington, suggests that Americans across the political spectrum are angry about the political status quo and demand CHANGE.
Ninety-six percent (96%) of Donald Trump voters identified Washington as the problem, and 88% of Clinton voters said the same. Similarly, 95 percent of Republicans said that the political system in Washington is not working well enough, compared to 83 percent of Democrats. But roughly the same percentage of Trump and Clinton voters believe the federal government can help solve the problem.
US voters in the rural and former industrial areas of the Midwest, North and Rust Belt responded positively to Trump’s campaign against globalism – the same globalism that has decimated those communities and sent much of American’s manufacturing overseas. That alone was a master stroke!
Importantly, I would love to think the Republicans and especially Donald Trump, keep enhancing this ‘movement’ by, building and enhancing an even deeper and broader understanding of all the issues that that matter to the existing Trump/Republican Heartland. I think investing more time and effort in social media monitoring and listening tools (database + social conversations will be critical in 2017 and beyond.
In fact, I recommend that he target segments like: Financial Security, National Protection/Borders/Security, Wellness, Education, Development, Women, Taxes, Veterans, Immigration and more.
I also think an #asktrump hashtag is a great first step too!
From where I sit, I think the biggest changes Trump can deliver to Americans today are:
- More jobs/opportunities in America
- More secure borders
- Clearly putting America First – not globalism.
- Stopping Foreign Donations from the likes of the Clinton Foundation
- Trump doesn’t smash phones with hammers or disclose confidential information
- Trump plans to keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the USA
- Trump will eliminate corruption
- Protect American workers
- Preserve the Constitutional Rule of Law in the USA
- And, importantly RESTORE our security
- Close or ‘open borders’ and protect our Constitution with strong Supreme Court picks!
If you want to make America great again too, I would love your feedback or comments on my article.
Lets look to the future and have an authentic Democracy in 2017 and beyond.
God Bless you and win the day. And, a special thanks to all Patriots!
More about Geoff De Weaver:
Feel free to get in touch with Geoff for further information:
- Personal Website: https://geoffdeweaver.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/geoffdeweaver
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/geoff_deweaver
- Touchpoint Entertainment: http://touchpoint.best/
- Geoff’s Amazon Authors Profile: https://www.amazon.com/Geoff-De-Weaver/e/B007DAEKFG/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1