Although I regularly write about marketing, advertising, digital marketing, leadership, mindset and building massive Fortune 500 brands, this article is simply about how to truly get what you want out of life, and make it happen quickly.
What I’m going to write about and share with you today really is the ticket to your wildest dreams coming true. Whether you want to improve your health and fitness, develop deeper and more meaningful personal or romantic relationships or even have better relationships with business and more control – this article will help you!
To kick off, I think the best place to start with is with these quick points:
- If you have ever felt threatened, challenged, struggled, criticized, or even had a setback – wouldn’t you prefer to be able to embrace the bold, inspiration and joyous YOU?
- I have long believed parents, teachers, and coaches shape mindsets through their actions and words. AND, have rapidly come to the considered opinion – Parents, Teachers, and Coaches: should NOT Judge BUT, simply Teach.
In fact, every word and action can send a message. It tells children or students, and/or athletes – how to think about themselves.
Importantly, I believe the best message to send to your kids, friends, staff or students is: that I am the best person to help YOU and I am interested in YOUR lifetime growth and development.
- Make things happen – I believe and have found, it really boils down to making the most of what you’ve got, including your mind, body and that you should, push past your limits and follow a path of continuous learning and growth.
- Change your mindset when it comes to money. I believe a massive part about all the really successful people I have met over the decades is they all think like a producer and not a consumer. Always visualize yourself as your own ‘personal brand’ and not some consumer that is constantly getting products and ideas sold and pitched at you.
- Understand that an Abundance mindset is far better than Scarcity mindset. An abundance mindset dictates actions like, ‘I’m going to join that gym. I don’t know what I’m doing but I’ll hire a trainer who does. I’m also going to learn all there is about working out. One day soon, I’ll be fit and healthy too. The parking sucks so I’m going to walk to and from as well.’
- If you don’t control your mind, someone else will.
Always try to feed your brain with Abundance Affirmations like the following:
I am open and receptive to all the wealth life offers me.
I am surrounded by wealth.
My success is necessary.
I deserve prosperity.
My dreams are coming true.
LIFE LESSONS ON MINDSET FROM THE GODFATHER
As I was born and raised in New York, I have always admired the Godfather trilogy of movies. E.g. Namely, namely The Godfather (1972), The Godfather: Part II (1974) and The Godfather: Part III (1990).
I have long loved Godfather Quotes & Dialogues which have been consistently filled with Life Lessons and keeping your mindset focused, having clarity and strength… I also believe, The Godfather trilogy is arguably the best crime/gangster movie trilogy ever made!
And here are some of my favorite quotes:
- “A friend should always underestimate your virtues and an enemy overestimate your faults.”
- “A man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
- “I have learned more in the streets than in any classroom.”
- “Friendship is everything. Friendship is more than talent. It is more than the government. It is almost the equal of family
- “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
- “I respect those that tell me the truth, no matter how hard it is.”
- “I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.”
- “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment.”
- “Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger.” (Don Licio Lucchesi Quote)
- “The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends.” (Don Osvaldo “Ozzie” Altobello Quote)
- “Good health is the most important thing. More than success, more than money, more than power.” (Hymn Roth Quote)
One final note on The Godfather movies and quotes, did you know – the bosses in each of the Five Families in The Godfather are referred to with the title Don (Don Corleone, Don Branzini, Don Cuneo, etc.) and treated like nobility.
But the actual meaning of ‘Don’ in Italian is closer to ‘respected uncle’, than ‘a murderous crime boss’. According to Coppola, Mario Puzo, the author of The Godfather books, simply made up the usage and it stuck.
PLUS, back on the topic of ‘mindset’ did you also realize, or know, that lots of famous actors failed to be cast in the Godfather films? Even, Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, and Robert DeNiro all failed to impress Coppola as it turned out AND, all wanted to play the part of Michael in the film.
As for Al Pacino, who received a nomination for Best Supporting Actor for the role, he didn’t want it. “I thought, ‘how am I going to play this part?’” Pacino told Loaded Magazine after his audition. “No one wanted me. Except for Coppola.”
THINK LIKE YOUR BOSS.
By putting yourself in your boss’ shoes, you’ll see that he or she isn’t trying to be stingy or cheap. Rather, there are budgets for compensation and a rationale for how salaries are divvied up.
If you want to earn more, you need to demonstrate how you can deliver value and contribute to achieving the company’s business and marketing goals and priorities. Think about what past achievements indicate the kind of strong contributor you’ll be.
By thinking like your boss, you can paint a picture of how you’ll improve outcomes. That kind of substance will make a far greater impact than any fruit basket ever will.
HOW YOU THINK DIRECTLY AFFECTS THE OUTCOMES YOU PRODUCE
As I have been saying for years now, the single most important factor influencing a person’s success, whether personal, professional or sporting – is mindset. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET, CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
What you think about consistently has a direct impact on your behavior, and not the other way around. So, it’s important to get this fundamental ingredient right.
If you are serious about achieving success in any area of your life, you must learn to master your mindset. Here are some of the best ways to do this:
- Develop healthy self-esteem and always be strong & positive
- Formulate a WINNING perspective on life. How we choose to attach meaning to events, situation and circumstances has a profound effect on whether we view our glass as half full or half empty.
- Harness clarity and focus. Mindset is critical to drive.
- Develop thick skin and always stand up to adversity. Meet every challenge head on! Never give up.
- Mindset is where the rubber meets the road – dig deep and work through hardships to succeed
- Develop a plan for plan For Mental And Physical Strength – I have grown to learn that most high-impact and ambitious leaders are excellent at planning professional goals, but they forget to secure time for energy renewal. JUST DO IT.
- Be thankful. Dream Big. Don’t make excuses. Know your potential. Commit to living your dreams AND crave more.
- Focus on only a few priorities. To have 2020 a massive success, I suggest, three to five key priorities or bites of the elephant you will have to-dos. No more. Focus and clarity are key!
Finally, I strongly believe, one of your first steps must be – taking action to get out of your comfort zone!
Tony Robbins is famous for his viewpoint on this topic, noting, “Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning [we] give it.”
Are you ready to take charge of your results in 2020? If so, make a conscious decision to master your mindset and reach for greater success in the New Year and beyond. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at and that’s why you need a powerful mindset!
Retrain your brain to receive positive energy flowing towards you. And, remember this: You can achieve anything you set your mind on!
MORE ABOUT GEOFF DE WEAVER:
Super strategist who directs Fortune 500 clients to define their vision, create a strategy, and harness their internal innovation to grow their business or reinvent their products.
Expert at building and transforming brands, businesses, and digital and physical customer experiences at scale. My goal has always been to Inspire, coach, motivate and manage the large teams around me.
History of success developing and executing cross-channel global marketing campaigns to drive brand positioning, equity, and awareness while increasing engagement and sales and loyalty.
Innovative entrepreneur, author, speaker, and advertising executive with vast expertise driving business growth, reinventing brands, and implementing global marketing campaigns.
CONNECT WITH ME AT:
Twitter at: https://twitter.com/geoff_deweaver
Amazon Authors on: Geoff’s Books, Biography and Blog
#Advertising #Digital #Leadership #Author #Speaker #Influencer #GlobalBrandManagement #Success #Results #Winning #Pitching #Data #DigitalMarketing #DirectMarketing #CRM #AskGeoff #SocialSelling #B2B #Mobile #Growth #LeadGeneration #Trust #Loyalty #Fortune500 #DigitalPioneer #Book #LinkedIn #Data #MarTech #B2C #InternetMarketing #Edge #Trump #JFK #RonaldReagan #InfluencerMarketing #innovation #strategist #technology #branding #Cryptocurrency #Bitcoin #Results #Winning #Mindset #GrowthMindset #FreeSpeech #KAG #AmericaFirst #80/20Principle