Do you have the best skills to win a greater share of new business pitches in 2018? Do you have the right mindset, skillset, to deliver exceptional and compelling presentations and high stake pitches? Do you and your team always pitch to win?
Over the years I have loved energizing my staff and teammates, agency staff and others in executing at their highest levels. This has enabled them to leave a lasting impression on all those in the room or event. (Especially when it comes to presenting at New Business and Credential presentations!)
I am passionate about empowering people to lead, engage and inspire. Fortunately, I have worked at some of the best branding, 1:1 and digital agencies in the world. This has helped me to prepare the ‘pitching team’ to be more engaged and more influential.
I have seen their reputations built and confidence grow as they have gone on to grasp even greater opportunities. (Especially, when they’ve had to face important audiences and achieve results!)
Over the years I have been involved in thousands of new business pitches and presentations. This has given me a combination of essential skills and proven strategies, methodologies and techniques to achieve ‘winning’ presentations while maximizing individual presenter’s strengths and qualifications.
Here are my eight new business time-tested ‘Truths’:
- Prospects don’t expect you to know everything
- Prospects can’t tell the difference between GREAT work and GOOD work during a pitch.
- The target audience for the pitch is the prospect, not the consumer
- Prospects pick agencies that give them what they want – and stay with agencies that give them what they need.
- Prospects have often made up their minds before the pitch presentation.
- Each presenter should have a “Wow” moment
- Winning presentations should have just content for 2/3 of time to build the chemistry
- 93% of the impact consists of:
- How it was said (53%)…body language, tone, eye contact
- Who delivered it (40%)…title, status and expertise
I hope this article will get you motivated and thinking about your skills in 2018 so you can:
- Deliver better prepared high-stakes presentations
- Win more iconic brands and clients
- Present more Keynote addresses
- Undertake more creative Public Speaking engagements and presentations
- Inspire and compel audiences to ‘take action’
- Present a professional image
- Become high performance oriented and gain greater influence
Over the past 25 years, I have consistently helped my teams and clients, to solve complex issues and had a last impact on their organizations. These skills and expertise have been honed in working with Fortune 500 Brands and leading multinational ad agencies over the years. They include:
- Structuring motivational communications
- Understanding use of persuasive language
- Impromptu and prepared presentations
- Freeing the natural voice
- Owning the physical space in the room during the presentation
- Creating atmosphere through movement
- Creative thinking
- Having the right growth mindset
- Personal and team coaching exercises
Whether it’s helping my team succeed or working with clients to build long-term partnerships, I thrive when my team and partners are winners. I have learned and understand the nuances of strength-based leadership that successful global marketing requires.
Plus, I know how to shift the business landscape through enhanced performance management.
I have spent the better part of three decades working in training and global product management brand, 1:1, digital, PR and marketing companies.
I am also a firm believer that ‘today’s learner, is tomorrow’s leader.’
That’s why I am totally dedicated to empowering my clients and staff to become their best and most authentic. I am also passionate about creating exceptional employee experiences that will transform groups of extraordinary individuals into becoming high performing teams.
I wish you continued success and live with passion, purpose and perform even higher in 2018!
About Geoff De Weaver:
Geoff is passionate about the art of influence, new business and presentation. His techniques can help you communicate and lead more effectively. As a global marketer, coach and workshop leader, Geoff makes mastering these advanced skills an enjoyable and achievable process. His sound business acumen and results driven approach have made him a trusted business advisor to many of the world’s leading organizations and their senior executives.
Geoff works with business leaders to ignite their courage and confidence so they can step up and step out in the way they engage people and communicate their leadership style. He is in high demand with CEO’s, CMO’s, directors, corporate executives and senior managers for his expert counsel and guidance in creating strategies for face-to-face communications and integrated global campaigns that are engaging and delivered with confidence and passion to key stakeholders.