Having grown up in a family of Direct Marketers while in New York in the 1970s/80s, I have always found that the keys to marketing and advertising success always included an integrated marketing approach across all ‘touchpoints’ available. (digital and physical)
In the early days, up until the early 1990’s – Direct Mail, DRTV, Direct Response Radio, Coupons, Catalogues, Mailing Lists, etc all were key ingredients to use for success. BUT, that all started to change when Internet Marketing arrived. And boy, has Internet Marketing, digital marketing, CRM, Data, 1:1, technology dramatically impacted how we prospect, motivate, influence, persuade and build loyalty and customer experiences today!
In 2019, I know more than ever ‘customer- centricity’ must be at the heart of every successful strategy. Plus, having a commitment to testing and always having measurable successes! Being innovative and differentiated is critical in 2019. Today its all about creating value every step to maximizing your database and accelerating your client/brands path to passion!
Customer loyalty doesn’t just happen—it’s built and strategic
I now believe and have for decades that it is critical to strategically plan and execute a ‘customer journey’ or as others might say a ‘brand continuum’ today. The best and brightest leaders and marketers today know its the consistency, speed and nurturing that makes a power change in your business and creates greatness and prosperity.
According to Deloitte recently, a mere 5 percent jump in customer retention can raise profits by up to 95 percent.
Importantly, for decades we have know and implemented – programs to move customers through the different stages of loyalty AND, invested in marketing ‘touchpoints’ at each stage or juncture. That’s because while each stage has business benefits, it’s the step-by-step progression that yields the greatest return on investment. (ROI)
Changing the dialogue in 2019
We are firmly now placed in a rapidly evolving digital/mobile market where CRM, social, mobile, digital and all traditional marketing tools are commonplace – every great marketer I have worked with now, is demanding: DELIVERING INDIVIDUAL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCES AT SCALE.
By that I mean, they all want:
- Ease & Simplicity – Making it easier to do business with
- Transparency – Show and tell me the Good, Bad or Indifferent
- Relevancy – Suggest the best solutions for my clients/customers, no for your bottomline
- Empathy – Always listening and understanding their clients/customers
BOTTOMLINE: Every great brand or marketer today is about enhancing TRUST & ADVOCACY
Remember, customers in 2019 favor your brand over competitors — and all things equal, they’re likely to choose you based on that preference. So, always build brand loyalty, motivate and influence your customers and clients 24/7/365.
But they’re not always going to be a sure bet. According to Nielsen, about four in 10 customers who say they prefer a brand can be swayed by a lower price point or better service elsewhere— tipping the scales away from you and toward your competitor. So, ensure all your marketing elements integrate together across every ‘touchpoint’ effectively and efficiently always building your brand and persuading them of their great decision to TRUST you and your company.
- Key Digital Driver today: establishing a conversational interaction and experiences. NOT just utility, convenience or security
- Tailor information to your clients/customers to support individual needs and always build powerful customer experiences along the journey
- Always Leverage your network by collaboration, exploring, involving and education
- Always develop insightful and effective interactive and integrated strategies and deliver quality creative work, planning and buying online media and consider all digital ‘touchpoints’ to deliver an engaging interactive experience for the consumer.
- I believe that the best user experience starts with a creative solution (A brand-led experience) that brings together interaction design, visual design and copy, all with the goal of delivering the brand promise through the web experience. Importantly, I understand that the website is the tangible evidence of the Brand’s new positioning and the user experience can reinforce the user’s perception of the Brand promise.
- When you have reached the Loyalty Stage of your ‘customer journey’ – this coveted place is where the diehard enthusiasts of Mercedes-Benz, Apple, Johnson & Johnson, Ralph Lauren, Pepsi, McDonalds and its where all great brands want to be. The marketing and advertising world calls this behavior identity loyalty — when customers so closely connect with your brand that they evangelize it. They’ll promote, and even defend, your business to the world or their friends — and people will listen. According to Nielsen, more than eight in 10 people value word-of-mouth recommendations as the most trustworthy.
Finally, Customer Loyalty is the result of a company consistently meeting and exceeding client or customer expectations. Customers that trust the companies they do business with will be more likely to purchase again in the future. Go out today and motivate, influence and empower your clients and brands through the connected customer journey!
Over the last 20 years, I understand that “branding” has a place on the web – a commonly disputed statement in some Internet circles BUT, brand essence, brand recognition and brand loyalty play important roles in encouraging the target customer to take purchase action online. Importantly, having helped pioneer Internet Marketing in the mid-1990’s – I can firmly say, the most significant opportunities to create value and move people/clients to action is through the connected customer journey and loyalty.
To your continued success in 2019 and beyond.
#Marketing #Advertising #DigitalMarketing #IntegratedMarketing #DirectMarketing #PR #Data #Results #Creative #Branding #Innovation #Leadership #GlobalMarketing #BrandDevelopment #BrandArchitecture #Success #ProductLaunches #Startups #VC #Technology #Results #Growth #NewBusiness #Winning #Influence #InfluencerMarketing #CRM #Data #InfluencerMarketing #Author #Speaker #DirectMarketing #Loyalty #CustomerExperience
MORE ABOUT GEOFF DE WEAVER:
Feel free to get in touch with Geoff for further information:
CEO, Speaker & Author, ‘How To Win New Business – Proven Trends, Tips & Tactics’
Super strategist who directs Fortune 500 clients to define their vision, create a strategy, and harness their internal innovation to grow their business or reinvent their products. Expert at building and transforming brands, businesses, and digital and physical customer experiences at scale.
Amazon Authors: https://www.amazon.com/Geoff-De-Weaver/e/B007DAEKFG
Latest Book: “How To Win New Business: Proven Trends, Tips & Tactics”: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1718669046