By Geoff De Weaver, CEO + Founder of Touchpoint Entertainment Inc.: http://geoffdeweaver.com/
It’s hard to believe that in the Age of Disruption, most CEO’s and CMO’s of Fortune 500’s, along with their Boards, still don’t ‘get it’! They often act as if they are totally oblivious to the unprecedented speed and substantial digital disruption that have been generated by apps, digital technologies, new business models and the ‘Millennial’ mindset.
In fact, many are ‘flying blind’ in their failure to recognize the danger s of inaction and lack of preparation in this environment even as the latest digital revolution is impacting their businesses, governments and global economies.
‘TRULY DISRUPTIVE CO’s ATTACK YOUR BUSINESS ON EVERY LEVEL OF DISRUPTION’
There are other important implications in this environment as they can, and do, impact upon the fiduciary responsibilities of Company Directors as they must now:
- Better understand the local and international marketplace, competitors, technologies, trends and digital movements in order to act in the best interests of their companies or brand,
- Invest more time and effort to become better informed about the company’s financial position in this fast and ever-changing changing landscape,
- Be able to obtain all the information required to help your company to remain genuinely competitive,
- Champion a well thought out Communications and Customer Experience Strategy using all available the digital tools available to provide safeguards to avoid scandals, i.e. Uber always has plans ready that could potentially impact their organization via disruption
- Help find genuine solutions to Real World Problems by utilizing massive segments of people/customers using the digital analytic tools now available. (Focus groups are now becoming very ‘old school’!)
- Look to helping your company minimize its Infrastructural Requirements while recognizing that startups have other issues to deal with regarding their infrastructure requirements.
- Help your Company or Organization to become a first mover and early Adopter!
Directors of today’s Fortune 500’s, along with other established companies, must now learn to employ strategies that attract the best digital brains and ‘Stars’. They must also tune into a global flow of information to learn and study trends thus gaining the insight that will give them a digital advantage that benefits both their companies and their shareholders.
This digital disruption is only going to continue to accelerate, disturb, shake and confuse. This means any company or business resting on its laurels, is naval gazing and lacking vision. Digital disruption is an unstoppable juggernaut. Companies and marketplaces like: Tesla, Alibaba, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Telsa, GoPro, DropBox, eBay, The Lending Club, Lyft, etc. are just the tip of the iceberg. Do you think you are prepared to compete with companies like this?
To be continued…
Live with passion!
More About Geoff De Weaver:
Hailing originally from New York; Geoff De Weaver is the globally experienced entrepreneur, technology disruptor, trend hunter and keynote speaker behind Touchpoint Entertainment Inc. Geoff is an international business executive with 25+ years experience on five continents in the rapidly-changing media, digital, telecommunications, communications and entertainment industries.
As CEO + Founder of Touchpoint Entertainment Inc., the ‘next-generation’ Social Media Marketing, Big Data and Live Event Company – streams live to over 1.5 Billion fans globally and delivers authentic brand experiences worldwide. I help brands bridge the gap between CONTENT, COMMUNITY + COMMERCE.
C-Level, Marketing Strategy, Digital and Communications Leader with Global Experience – including: US (New York City + San Francisco), Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Italy, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Finland, Hong Kong, Mexico, Netherlands, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, China, Indonesia and Canada. Geoff has served as a non-executive director, director and advisory boards.
Geoff has a global 25-year background of representing some of the world’s most iconic worldwide brands including: Coca Cola, IBM, IMG, P&G, Microsoft, Nike, British Airways, Wells Fargo, EA Sports, MasterCard, Shutterfly.com, EA.com, E*Trade, Nestle, Air France, AT&T, VISA, Unilever, EA.com, Ferrari, American Express, P&G, Trend Micro, Acer Computers, BMW, Shutterfly.com, Mars, Pfizer, TiVo, EarthLink Internet, American Express, Telstra, Weight Watchers and others.
- Geoff has served as a non-executive director, director and advisory boards
- Top 0.5% Worldwide on Twitter Globally
- Top 1% Influencer on LinkedIn and 32+ million network on LinkedIn worldwide
- Top 1% Most Viewed Profiles on LinkedIn (380+ million members)
- Geoff is a Digital Pioneer, Data-Driven, Entrepreneur, Business Coach + Innovator.
- Transformative, Innovation & Digital Disruption – CONTENT, COMMUNITY + COMMERCE
Feel free to get in touch with Geoff for further information:
You might enjoy these recent posts too:
‘Principles of Leadership in the Digital Age (Part 1)’: http://geoffdeweaver.com/principles-of-leadership-in-the-digital-age-part-1/
AND…. ‘Principles of Leadership in the Digital Age (Part 2)’: http://geoffdeweaver.com/principles-of-leadership-in-the-digital-age-part-2/